Product placement punctuates Golden Globes
By Robert Marich
Jan. 17, 2012-Consumer goods and services outfits rolled out the product placements and tie-in promotions at the Golden Globe awards, which are often seen as a precursor for the Oscars. Here's a sample of such plugs:
· There's editorial coverage such as a Yahoo story that obligingly identifies the make of wardrobe and accessories worn by stars, such as “Best Actress nominee Charlize Theron (Young Adult) turns heads in her plunging Dior Haute Couture gown and vintage Cartier jewels.”
· “From Reese Witherspoon and Natalie Portman's stacked bracelets, to Angelina Jolie and Jessica Biel's diamond stud earrings, Hollywood's leading actresses chose to celebrate their achievements with enduring platinum jewelry at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards,” says a press release from Platinum Guild International.
· “Winner Michelle Williams (dazzled) in Fred Leighton for Forevermark diamond jewelry,” says another breathless press release, which provides a list of talent wearing its rocks.
· Time piece maker Jaeger-LeCoultre supplied photos of Meryl Streep accepting a Golden Globe award for The Iron Lady while wearing one of its wrist watches.
· Major accounting firm Ernst & Young touted its role as official ballot counter with a press release that says, “The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has relied on the firm for the past 39 years to conduct the ballot tabulation process of the Golden Globes® with security, integrity and reliability.”
For full text, click links below; this website’s text is fully searchable via searchbox at center left of homepage: